Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Alex's 3 Year Portraits

Being on "maternity leave" from photography means that I actually have a little time to do some family photo work. First order of business was taking Alex's 3-year portraits. I had honestly been dreading these a little because he is NOT a 'look in the the camera and smile' kind of kid. He'd rather make a funny face or stick out his tongue. But I was super surprised when the session went very quickly and easily and I got some great pictures. He's not smiling in all of them, but his expressions are very "Alex".

He's such a big boy now--makes me a little sad to see how fast time is flying by. We were at the park tonight and as I watched him ride his tricycle around, I remarked to Kevin that in a "blink" we'd be sitting there watching Baby A ride her tricycle and Alex would be zooming around with the big kids. Sigh. :) But, even with that little bit of time-passing-too-fast sadness, I have to admit that it is so much fun watching him grow and learn so much. He is such a good boy--and I have this little feeling that no matter how old he gets, he'll still be "mommy's baby". :)

Here are a few pictures from this morning. The rest can be seen at http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=131624&id=653191554&l=fd759992c.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Natalie,
I concur completely, he's a very good boy. I cherish each opportunity to spend time with you all and my "little pardner". Thanks for the great photos and take care, we're all looking so forward to welcoming "Baby Moses".
Love,
Pop

Anonymous said...

Such precious pictures! Wish I had you closer to Nashville to take some of my boys! I've been following the blog comments and am excited to hear about the baby. I am guessing from what you've written that YOU know if the baby is a boy or girl, but you are keeping it a surprise? I've caught some him's and her's and Moses, and Baby A....totally confusing!! Good luck with the home birth. I haven't delivered at home with either of the boys, but I have been able to go natural with Av as my coach. We used the Bradley method (for the most part, without the crazy stuff!) and with good success. Hope I can keep it up for the next one(s), eventually! I'm sure it will all go smoothly! Love,
Jen Mixon