Friday, June 05, 2009

And then there were FOUR...

Well, 3 and 1/2 to be completely accurate. :) Hi! It's been awhile! Since September of last year a LOT has gone on in our family. Most of our friends and family have been kept up to date with emails, visits, and my newest addiction--facebook. BUT, now that we are expecting a new baby, I thought it was time to get back on the blogging wagon.

So, if this is news to you...we're pregnant! We found out in March (very planned, of course), and I am due in early November. I am almost 18 weeks along now with Baby A--and we are told (promised) that it is a girl. I, quite honestly, am holding out until the next ultrasound. Not that I won't be thrilled that the girl diagnosis is correct--it just feels so "boy" to me! My pregnancy is progressing exactly the same as it did with Alex (which means, thankfully, no sickness or anything to complain about)--and I even look exactly the same. But Kevin's aunt Marcia and the ultrasound tech said they were 99.9% sure...so we're going with it, at least until my next ultrasound on June 30th. And if it turns out that Baby A is a boy, well, I have a BIG box of pink things to swap out!!

Baby A...yes, she has a name, but no, we're not telling. Sorry! Kevin and I decided that it would be kind of neat to have a little surprise for everyone when she arrives. A little hint--the initials are the same as Alex's: AJS. But no more hints, and no guessing! And Alex doesn't know, so don't bother trying to ask him. :)

To catch up a bit...
--Alex finished his 2K year at Rock Springs Christian Academy and had a really good year. It was hard having mommy right across the hall in the 4K room--the apron strings were sometimes a little too long, and sometimes a little too short, but we made it. He had great teachers and made a lot of new friends. And he learned a TON--all of his letters and letter sounds, counting up to 10 (5 in Spanish), Bible stories (which is why he's calling the new baby 'Baby Moses'), songs, and lots more.

--Natalie finished a year of teaching 4K at the same school. It was a bit of a challenge going back to work after two years 'off', but it was a fun year. I had great students and very supportive parents. Plus, the faculty and staff were amazing and I will very much miss being with them everyday. But next year I will be doing some grant writing and photography for the school, so I'll get to keep in touch.

--Kevin finished another year at JHS. He had a great year as "Teacher of the Year" (for the school AND the county) and was invited to a very nice banquet at the Georgia Aquarium to be honored as the county TOTY. He played in a co-ed 30+ soccer league this year and was a bit of a high scorer, if I may brag. :)

--This summer we are celebrating Alex's THIRD birthday with a small family party, then headed to Washington, D.C. for a Shivers family vacation, and then back home to turn our house upside down to make room for a nursery. Anyone in the area is invited to come and help lug furniture around--we pay in pizza.

So that's that for now. I'll try to update soon with new pictures and videos and such--right now I have to go convince Alex that it really IS bedtime. If you're on facebook--look for me (and Kevin too) there. And I still have my photography blog at www.natalieshivers.com.

0 comments: